Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Gone

Summer is officially over. I've pulled a cardigan on before leaving my house for the last two days in a row. Did I just use the word "cardigan"? I must be getting old. I've shut my bathroom window and I've started closing the door when I shower to keep the heat in. It seems so sudden... Last year it stayed warm forever... I'm not ready for the cold this year. I need someone to check out my steam ducts in the basement. One has rusted through the padded insulation. Hoping it hasn't actually rusted through the metal... Sometimes home ownership can be a real bitch.

On the up side...I really do like fall. Much more than I used to. It seems so peaceful...yet so full of anticipation. A strange seasonal limbo between the hot and cold. I like the sharpness of the air when it's cool, but not too cold. I like the colors of the leaves. I like apples and corn. I loooove Halloween. I like how the changing seasons make me feel like exploring - like everything I knew is suddenly different. It gets me out and about more. It's good.

Oh boy...corn.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your blogs. and i love the fact that there are pictures at the end of each blog. did you take all of these? they're amazing. and i miss you.

-Rach

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jocie said...

Thanks, Rach! Yep, they're all mine. I miss you, too. I want to come to visit in Boston! We aren't going to that conference up there. I'm so bitter...

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No blog today? No fair, now I'm hooked! Sucks about the conference, but you can come up on your own any ol' time :)
*R

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fall means bbq'ing giant slabs of dead animals on the grill. you forgot to mention that. and seasonal depression that results from the shortened days. i love fall to though, you're spot on about the exploring thing.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home