Saturday, September 23, 2006

Lame

So I'm planning on doing an art show in Baltimore in October. I'm scared shitless. I foresee cool Baltimore art kids shuffling past my display of photos and not buying a damn thing. Ok, I really don't care if anyone buys anything or not... But it would be nice, considering that I just bought $100 worth of frames at A.C. Moore (huge sale!). I haven't signed up yet...but I bought the freaking frames so now I have to. Dammit.

It's Saturday, October 14th:

• BIG ART SHOW BALTIMORE #1 •
Saturday, October 14th @ Ottobar - 2549 North Howard Street - Baltimore, MD 21218
Doors @ 7 or 8 (? - flyer says one thing, website another) ~ $5 cover
http://bigartshow.com/events.html

So come; point and laugh at me while the cooler artier city kids sink my battle ship. Ha, I jest...but I'm really trying to make something of this hobby that I love...but I'm not a good judge of my own work and I'm not very good at selling my photos. I can't really imagine why anyone would want to hang my crap on their wall anyway (at least not if they have to pay for it). Sometimes I feel like my stuff is so effin' lame... People always joke on Flickr about how tired they are of seeing dog photos and cat photos. Ironically I seem to really excel at those. No, of course that's not all I do...just engaging in a little self-abuse.

Quincy and the Blue Wall

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck jocie!!!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Jocie said...

Thanks!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would and will totally buy your stuff. its not lame, you've been amazing at this for quite some time! i wish i was there, i would come to the art show with you! :)

*R

12:45 PM  
Blogger Scott Loveless said...

Ack! Don't buy frames at AC Moore! Go to Big Lots, or any other close-out type store. They often have the simple black metal frames for a buck or two each. Get 11x14 frames for your 8x10 photos and then spend your hard earned cash on printing, mounting and matting.

Love ya, babe!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Jocie said...

I check out Big Lots all the time - there's actually one right by my house within walking distance. I can never seem to find what I want there. AC Moore really isn't too expensive when they have those sales...and some of those frames come with matting. Not too bad. I like to find frames at yard sales and thrift stores, too. Fun stuff.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home