Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Panic

I've started panicking. I don't have a good name for my photography. I don't have a website, except for flickr. I'm trying to design my own online portfolio and it's not working. I know what I want it to look like and it's not complicated, I just can't quite get the html down. I've done websites before, but my html skills are incredibly basic. Then, I'm staring at the logo I created and...it's fucking LAME. Not the image, but the title. Photography by Jocelyn. How fucking BORING. So that's when it it hit me that I need something better. I can't come up with anything catchy or cool that isn't stupid. Grr!!! I'm trying to inspire myself with things in my life...maybe something having to do with Quincy (my dalmatian, for those of you that don't know me)...nothing is standing out to me. *sigh*

I'm really getting stressed about this art show. I know it's going to be pretty DIY, nothing fancy, but I still have to make a bunch of prints and frame some of them. There's also a lot of things that I want to have done by then, like the website...maybe some info cards. Not really necessary, but it would probably be good to have something to give people that are interested. The other thing that's really getting to me is the stress of going, having people walk by my photos, show no interest or criticize them. I'm not very good at separating criticism of the things I do from criticism of ME. I'm really interested in getting into the art scene, trying to make something of the photos I take (as a productive hobby on the side), but suffice it to say, I'm feeling very small right now...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that picture always makes me laugh. i apologize for finding comedy in your panicked expression.

piff tannen

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home