Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Empty

I feel like I'm in slow motion. Like I'm detached from the world and this day. Maybe it's the weekend catching up with me. I don't know why it was so upsetting for me, I barely knew her. But, I know my friend...and I know I feel sad for him...and I know what it's like to watch someone very close to you slip away, slowly and quietly in illness. I know it's silly to feel apologetic for being sad, like I don't have a right to my feelings.

Sunday was the hardest...watching people mill about the room, unsure what to say or do... Looking at photos, viewing someone's life from beginning to end, from baby to child, to girl, to woman, to mother. I was no better than the rest. Probably worse... I could have said something instead of just being there, but what is there to say...?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened?

laura

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do have a right to your feelings, no matter what they might be. The fact that you share in our sadness says a lot for your character, it shows that you have compassion and empathy, something many dont seem to have. Thanks for the kind words, it was hard for all of us.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home