Friday, February 16, 2007

Overheard

I have no food at home. Nothing for breakfast but some cereal that hate. Alas, I'm standing at the Sheetz food station, patiently awaiting my shmagel...visions of cream cheese and toasty goodness dancing through my head. A man approaches the counter next to me. Very southern manicured-looking - middle-age, tall and thin, blue-eyed, clean shaven with sandy blonde hair combed back in that redneck pompadour style. He waves at the woman behind the counter.

"Hey [ladies name that I forgot], how you doin' darlin'?" He drawls, courteously.

"Hey! I'm good, honey. How 'bout you?" she twangs.

"Oh, pretty good," he says. "Well, I'm pretty...and I'm good." He winks and chuckles and then turns away. I nearly choked on my hot chocolate! I glanced around with frantic amusement. Please tell me someone else heard that, I thought. Not a soul... Oh Hagerstown...

Truck Balls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home