Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I just can't believe it...

I can't believe what I've been hearing and seeing. How could this happen at Virginia Tech, where I went to school? It's a big school, but it's such a small town... I'm sure I'd be shocked and sad if it'd been anywhere else; I know this impacts everyone everywhere, but being affiliated with the school just makes it so intense. Seeing the very buildings I knew so well, the paths I walked every day, the familiarity of the scene flooded by police, panic, and gunfire...it was so bizarre and sad. I can't believe all the things we did there, all of the good memories, all of the things the school has done... and now it will be known for this. I can't imagine how students will just go back to class...

Day 83:  I Can't Believe It...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankfully universities can usually get passed events like this, as far as their reputations. Especially one as strong as VT, where the culture, place, and identity are all so clearly set and loved, I don't think there will be any decline (probably the opposite) in applicants to the school and I certainly hope the culture doesn't change too much because of newfound fears.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, VT will stay strong.

However, I don't think anyone will ever be able to say "Virginia Tech" without thinking of the senseless loss of life on 4/16. The memories of the innocent lives lost will stay in our collective consciousness for years to come.

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home